BestFind.com.au provides factual information in relation to financial products. While
attempts to make a wide range of products and providers available, it may not cover all the
to you. Moreover, we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product
inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. All product information comes from the
provider or publicly available information and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time
The information published on BestFind.com.au is general in nature only and does not consider
objectives, financial situation or particular needs and is not recommending any particular
product to you. If you
decide to apply for a product you will be dealing directly with that provider and not with
BestFind.com.au recommends that you read the relevant PDS or offer documentation before taking
Minimum and maximum loan periods vary between 6 months and 10 years. Comparison
interest rates vary between 6.55% and 19.07% p.a. Total interest repayments vary between
$4,290 and $14,531 over the life of the loan. *Comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan
of $30,000 for a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the
examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan
amounts might result in a different comparison rate. These rates can change without further
notice. All rates quoted are per annum. For more information regarding fees click on "View
fees & additional info +" for each product or contact the provider.
Easy-to-use car loan calculator
Planning on financing your dream car? Enlist the help of our car loan calculator to find affordable and friendly repayments that won’t hijack your monthly budget.
How does the car loan repayment calculator work?
BestFind’s car loan calculator showcases monthly costs for different credit amounts and repayment periods. Here’s how you use it to find some of the best car loan interest rates in Australia:
- Enter your loan amount: Use the slider to select different loan amounts centred around your car’s price tag. You’ll find that borrowing more gives you higher repayments over the same period.
- Enter your loan term: A shorter loan term is likely to offer not-so-affordable repayments. Conversely, tipping the scale in favour of a longer loan term lowers your repayments, but you pay more towards interest. Use the tool until you find a healthy balance for your budget.
- Fine-tune your search: Keep exploring different loan scenarios until you find one that closely tallies with your situation. It’s important to note that the car loan calculator only displays estimates. It does not provide recommendations or advice, and neither does it guarantee an offer of credit.
How do I benefit from using the car loan calculator?
Have a look at some of the questions the repayment calculator answers for you:
How much can I afford to borrow? – Defining your borrowing limits ensures you don’t saddle yourself with high-interest costs that stop you from enjoying your new purchase.
Which car loan is best for me? – Have the right alternatives delivered to your screen in minutes when you apply the filter. By way of an example, you can easily compare fixed-rate loans and variable-rate loans separately to determine which option best suits your needs.
Can I afford the repayments? – Depending on the loan you choose, an affordable repayment protects you from losing your car or having important points knocked off your credit rating. However, your credit score remains intact when you use the tool, so go ahead and discover as many budget-friendly repayment options as possible.
Can I use the calculator for all car loans?
The car loan calculator offers the same convenient function whether you’re purchasing a truck, motorbike, caravan, boat, jet ski, or classic car motor vehicle. You can also use it when searching for the following credit products:
- Secured/Unsecured – Secured car loans usually have better rates and lower monthly costs than unsecured personal loans. That’s because the vehicle you’re buying guarantees the loan (in most cases). You may choose an unsecured car loan, but the high risk involved for the lender also triggers higher costs for you.
- New/Used – New car loans may have lower interest rates and repayments since they are typically secured. Generally, used car loans are unsecured with higher rates and higher monthly payments to match.
- Bad credit – You might still qualify for a secured or unsecured car loan if your credit score is less than stellar. Using the car loan calculator helps you to sideline unaffordable loan options that can worsen your credit history.
- Low interest – Are you looking for car loan rates that are worthy of your top-notch credit score? Our tool helps to make sure your creditworthiness pays off with affordable repayments that further encourage good behaviour and reliability.
- Business – Do you need manageable repayments for your specialised business car loan? Our car loan repayment calculator can assist you.
What do I need to know when using the car loan calculator?
Whether you are a student, business owner, Uber driver, pensioner, or a 457 visa-holder, there’s more to weigh when carrying out your car loan comparison:
- Comparison rates – Looking at the comparison rate allows you to see beyond the smokescreen of low-interest rate offers. That’s because this percentage includes the interest rate plus other loan fees and charges.
- Other repayment options – Aside from affordable monthly repayments, flexible features to keep an eye out for include redraw facilities and the ability to make early repayments with minimal or no extra fees involved.
- Requirements – Typically, lending criteria covers requirements for the vehicle, such as comprehensive insurance. You’ll also need documents for proof of identification and proof of income. All in all, make sure you find the loan requirements agreeable before applying.
- Additional loan features – The best loan product allows you to cherry-pick the most convenient loan features for your needs. For instance, an excellent product in your situation might be one with pre-approval or balloon payment options.
Car loan calculator FAQs
Which loan amount and term should I choose when using the calculator?
These two values depend on your personal objectives and financial situation. Generally, if you have more disposable income and a higher credit score, you will have more borrowing power and the ability to choose a longer loan term within limits set by the lender.
Does the tool show me the total monthly cost of my car loan?
You may need to confirm the overall monthly costs with the loan provider before applying. Additional charges such as debit-order fees plus factors like variable rates may influence the total cost of the loan.
How do I apply for a car loan?
If you’re using our comparison website to arrange a loan for yourself, simply click “Go to Site” when you have made your decision. You’ll be able to submit an online application once you connect to the lender’s website.
Popular car loan searches
View all popular car loans searches